News and Announcements
The 2019 Player Evaluations will be held at Bramhall Park on January 26. This year, player evaluations will be open to all players ages 8 through 12.
Please see the table below to determine your child’s tryout time. Again, Little League age is determined by the chart at: http://www.littleleague.org/Assets/forms_pubs/age-chart-baseball.pdf
Saturday, January 26 start times
- 12 year olds A – M last name: 8:30 AM
- 12 year olds N – Z last name: 9:00 AM
- 11 year olds A – M last name: 9:30 AM
- 11 year olds N – Z last name: 10:00 AM
- 10 year olds A – T last name: 10:30 PM
- 10 year olds W – Z last name: 11:00 AM
- 9 year olds A – M last name: 8:30 AM
- 9 year olds N – Z last name: 9:00 AM
- 8 year olds A – M last name: 9:30 AM
- 8 year olds N – Z last name: 10:00 AM
Please check in 15-30 mins ahead of your start time.
If you can believe it, baseball season is right around the corner and we have a lot of information to get out to you about the upcoming season. So let’s get at it! Here is the first (of hopefully not too many) email to get you started.
Verification Night is mandated by Little League for two primary reasons:
- Verify the age of your child. Little League Age is determined by consulting the chart at http://www.littleleague.org/Assets/forms_pubs/age-chart-baseball.pdf
- Verify that your child either lives or goes to school within our boundaries. Our boundary map is defined here http://www.wgll.org/organizations/1434/pages/62860.
- Verification Night will be held on Wednesday, January 16 between 6:45 PM – 8:45 PM. You do not need to be there the entire time. This is an open house drop-in. Once you have provided the necessary documents to verify age and residency, you’re free to leave.
- Pro Tip: the line is usually longest between 7 PM and 8 PM. Come a little later to save time in the line.
- Willow Glen Elementary cafeteria
WHAT TO BRING
- Please refer to the verification page on our website. You can get all the details on proper forms of identification for new and returning players here http://www.wgll.org/organizations/1434/pages/62857
- Note that the requirements are different for new and returning players. New players to WGLL must bring a certified birth certificate, returning players do not.
- Documents to verify residency must be dated between February 1, 2018 and February 1, 2019.
- Please bring a check for $200 made out to WGLL to cover your volunteer hours. At the end of the season, once your team parent verifies that you have completed your 4 hr requirement, this check will be returned to you. For more information regarding our volunteer program, please consult the Volunteer menu at the top of our web site.
- Completed 2019 Little League Volunteer Background Application (ONLY required for all managers, coaches, and team parents). See this page: http://www.wgll.org/organizations/1434/pages/130434
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to any of our little league board members or consult our website at WGLL.org.
There are only 2 days left to take advantage of the Early Bird Discount and save $25 on your Spring Registration fees. The discount expires when the clock strikes midnight on New Years Day. Register today and and start 2019 on the right foot.
If that’s not enough to motivate you, check out the drone footage taken of our Majors Field. Thank you to Dominic Lam for the footage.
WG Little League fans,
I wanted to let you know a few important dates for the Spring 2019 Little League Season. Get these dates in your calendars before the craziness of the holiday season begins!
- Verification Night: January 16 at Willow Glen Elementary between 6:45 PM and 8:45 PM
- Tryouts for 8 – 12 year olds: January 26 at Bramhall Park
- Parents Night: February 6 at Willow Glen Elementary
- Coaches Meeting: February 7 at TBD
- Opening Day & Picture Day: March 2 at Bramhall Park
I’ll leave these dates in the announcements section of the website so you can always find it at wgll.org.
As always, if you haven’t registered yet, please go to http://wgll.org/forms/19111-2019-Spring-Registration- and sign up today!
College Park Baseball Club is offering a free baseball clinic for Willow Glen Little League players.
Little Leaguers aged 10, 11 and 12 are invited to participate.
This is a great opportunity to get your Little Leaguer out on the diamond to work out those rusty arms and throw the ball around before next months try-outs.
College Park clinic is Saturday afternoon from 3:30 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. at the Bellarmine Baseball Field
Weather forecast is sunny and warm.
For more information, check out their webpage at https://collegeparkball.com/camps-clinics/